Hello #Fitfam and friends!!
I’m finally back from my trip from Chicago, IL to Arlington, Texas. We drove and it was about 15 hours on the road. I went to celebrate my sister’s baby shower and I had an amazing time!
I prepped my food before I left. I grilled 6 lbs of turkey patties to go. Why? I took half with me and kept half for when I come back I’d have food ready. I also took spinach, asparagus, rice cakes, sweet potatoes, bananas, gluten-free rolled oats, peanut butter, Zig whey protein on the go, and water.
Breakfast on the Road – Day 1
- 1/2 cup dry rolled oats (no water, just eat them dry)
- 1 medium banana
- 1 Tbsp organic natural peanut butter
This was another breakfast I had while in Texas. My HEALTHY OVERNIGHT OATS (AVENA FIT HECHA UNA NOCHE ANTES)
My meals consisted of 3oz turkey patties and spinach. It was hard eating on the road since my food was cold, but I stayed on track. As soon as I got to Texas, we ate at Olive Garden.
I ordered the Herb crusted Salmon at 430 Calories with water + house salad (no dressing)
We found a 24 hour fitness and got a 3 day pass. My sister-in-law / roommate and I worked out everyday I was in Arlington, Texas.
As soon as I got out of the gym, I went to the store to buy anything else I needed to keep temptation away at the Baby Shower.
Baby Shower Day for Callie!
My niece’s name will be Callie <3. We had so many goodies and foods I wanted to eat. It was a little depressing that I was not able to enjoy them. For me is really important sticking to my fitness and diet goals. They had pasta salad, spinach and artichoke dip, sandwich flour tortilla pin-wheels, Hawaiian bread with mealballs, cookies, cake, chocolate, strawberries and cream gelatin (I made). It was all super appetizing and deliciously looking. Me: I had my turkey patties, spinach and sweet potatoes.
I also went to Chipotle since they are non-GMO, I can definitely eat there now. I ordered the bowl with brown rice, lettuce, steak and guacamole. It was really good!
TIPS FOR FITNESS AND WEIGHT LOSS WHILE TRAVELING
- Plan ahead what food items you will be taking on the road. Make a list and purchase only what you will need.
- Prep your meals you will be taking and put them in baggies. Label each baggie if needed to help you stay focused.
- Bring Snacks! This is highly important! Take healthy snacks such as rice cakes, home made protein bars, Quest Nutrition bars, baggies of celery and baby carrots, apples, bananas, or buy Zig whey protein drink.
- Take a cooler! This is an obvious one, but you want to keep your food fresh.
- Cold food on the road? If you can’t eat cold food like me, I know gross! But, sometimes you need to do what you need to do. Most gas stations will have a microwave available or even fast food restaurants.
- Stop at rest areas for a few minutes and walk around to help prevent bloating and aid in blood circulation. I always get swollen from my stomach and feet. Keep moving if it’s only for 5 minutes.
- Stay hydrated! Drink water to keep you hydrated.
- If you didn’t bring food with you. Well, you will need to evaluate the food menu and order the healthiest thing you see to accommodate your goals. If you see Oatmeal on the menu, ask for it without brown sugar or order a salad (no dressing).
- Once you arrive at your destination, go to the grocery store and buy any food items you will need to help you stay on track of your fitness and weight loss goals. I bought coconut milk, strawberries, bananas, oatmeal, eggs, etc. I only bought things I didn’t bring with me.
- Workout! Go to the closest gym and ask for a free week pass. I went to 24 hour fitness and they provided me with a free 3 day pass. Also, if you are staying in a hotel, most will have a gym. Or just run outdoors, do any HITT or body weight exercises if weights aren’t available to you. Just get moving and enjoy outdoor activities.
I lost 3 lbs while I was out of town. I stayed on track with my goals and most importantly I enjoyed visiting my sister. I had such a wonderful time!
Visit my social media for videos, recipes, workouts, and fitness motivation.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/HealthyFitMC