Is it a salad or a salsa? Well, that depends on your mood! I have been craving Mangoes for a while and they are in season right now. They are fresh, sweet and have a unique flavor. You can seriously make anything with Mangoes, salads, smoothies, fresh mango water, baby puree, sushi, anything! It is a very versatile fruit.
Mangoes Health Benefits:
- Rich in Fiber.
- Helps with Digestion due to its high fiber content and enzyme properties.
- Excellent source of Vitamin A, B6, C and E.
- Excellent source of Potassium. 100 g provides 156 mg of Potassium.
- Antioxidant properties to help your body get rid of toxins
- Lowers Cholesterol due to its high levels of fiber, pectin and vitamin C.
- Helps with Diabetes by helping normalize insulin levels in blood due to its low glycemic index (41-60).
- Immune System booster due to its Vitamin C and A content.
– Always consult with your doctor if you have Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol or other medical illness.
Note: the ingredients will vary according to how many people will be eating it. I used 1/2 a mango, 1/2 avocado, 4 oz of cooked shrimp and 1 cup of all mixed veggies. You can adjust.
- Cooked Shrimp
- Purple Onion
- Yellow Onion
- Mini Sweet Bell Peppers (tricolor)
- Serrano Pepper
- Lime Juice
- Sea Salt (optional)
- Chop all veggies finely.
- Cut Mango and Shrimp into bite size pieces
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and squeeze lime juice.
- Add sea salt (optional).
- You can eat as a salad or with Brown Rice chips.
Visit my social media for videos, recipes, workouts, and fitness motivation.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/HealthyFitMC