I re-created my Fit French Toast and made it into a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich. Every other day I eat a healthy fat serving in my breakfast and today I chose Peanut Butter as my fat source.
If you are a Peanut Butter addict, you will definitely love this recipe!
- 2 slices Ezekiel Bread, 7 Sprouted Grains
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk (you can replace with almond milk)
- 1/2 cup frozen berries
- 2 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter, Trader Joe’s, chunky, unsalted
Serving Size: Entire Sandwich
460 Calories | Carbohydrates: 54 g | Fiber: 9 g | Protein: 20 g | Fat: 19 g |
Note: Make berry sauce prior to assembling french toast.
- Mix egg white, unsweetened coconut milk, stevia and cinnamon in a container.
- Drench each slice of french toast well on both sides until it soaks the mixture.
- Cook each side for 1.5 minutes.
- Add Peanut Butter and Berry Sauce (recipe below) to one slice and top it with the other slice.
- I cooked for additional 15 seconds per side to allow Peanut Butter to melt.
- Serve on plate and top with Berry Sauce.
- In a small saucepan, medium-heat, place berries and cover with water.
- Allow the water to start boiling.
- Wait about 3 minutes until the liquid has significantly reduced and achieves a sticky texture.
- Pour over french toast sandwich and enjoy!
Visit my social media for videos, recipes, workouts, and fitness motivation.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/HealthyFitMC