10 TIPS TO DO A SPRING CLEANING OF YOUR LIFE
Spring Season is here! It doesn’t feel much in the Chicago area, but I know is perfect time to reassess our lives, eliminate toxicity from and set new goals and behaviors.
When we think about “Spring Cleaning ” we mainly think of getting rid of material items, such as Winter clothes, snow boots, and bringing out our Spring decorations. Well, have you ever thought about doing a “mental cleaning and detox”? Probably not. There is a lot of clutter and burden each of us carry and that is preventing us from reaching optimal mental stability and health. Isn’t this a good opportunity to do an “internal” cleansing and detox from all the things that are negative, brings us down, and that are toxic to our lives?
- Have you ever analyzed how your current lifestyle is affecting you mentally and emotionally?
- Have you ever thought if your friends are good influences in your life? After all, you are the average of the 5 people you hang out with. Isn’t true?
- Why haven’t you reached your goals?
- Why do you feel stuck?
- Why are you not doing what you love in life?
There comes a time when you have to genuinely sit down and evaluate why you are not getting what you want and why your dreams are not coming true.
I will give you a list of things that have worked for me. Besides the fact that I maintain a healthy lifestyle by eating clean and working out. I also work a lot on my personal development. I sacrificed a lot of things as of late because I want to be a successful and empowering Latina woman. I want to inspire people to start making changes in their lives for a better quality of life.
Remember, change is possible. You might struggle at the beginning, but it takes from 3 weeks to 1 month, sometimes more for your body and brain to adapt a new behavior. Be patient with yourself. Do what is best for you.
- Change your diet. Diet is a great influence in our moods. Trust me eating healthy directly impacts depression and emotional health.
- No processed foods, no junk food, eliminate sugar from your diet Workout. Start a workout program and get moving.
- Include dark green and from a wide variety of vegetables. Eat fruits twice a day. Eat whole grains, nuts, legumes, lean proteins.
- Start Working out! Working out releases endorphins, which are linked to happiness and is proven to help with depression and self-esteem boosters.
- Drink water! Minimum is 8 glasses of water or 2 Liters daily. You need water to detox, help your cells work properly and provides energy. Many times when you have cravings, is because you are dehydrated.
- Analyze your friendships. Say goodbye to negative and toxic people.
- Drama-free. Live your life without drama. It is mind & energy draining.
- Have a Vision: Start working on the vision and goals you have been putting off. Visualize yourself achieving those goals.
- Stop watching news, soap operas, TV reality shows or gossip magazines. Do a TV Detox. You absorb the negativity and drama from these and bring it into your life. Stay away from them.
- Meditate. Meditation helps relieve stress, lowers blood pressure, relieves anxiety, you feel better emotionally, helps reduce irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) symptoms and you feel mentally free and at peace.
- Journal your feelings and emotions. It helps a lot during a healing process or to simply work out your inner feelings. You don’t have to tell people your problems, write them down and internalize.
- Be Grateful! Each day when you wake up thin of 5 things you are grateful for. This will help you set the mood for a positive and uplifting day.
Visit my social media for videos, recipes, workouts, and fitness motivation.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/HealthyFitMC